Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Why no makeup during sedation for wisdom teeth removal??

I get my wisdom teeth (all four) extracted on Friday. I will be having IV sedation and laughing gas supposedly. On my paperwork it says to wear no makeup, dress comfortably and wear a short sleeved shirt. I'm just curious though - why no makeup?





* also, I'd love any tips b/c I'm nervous about the extraction! I've never been sedated before :-/Why no makeup during sedation for wisdom teeth removal??
no makeup is because they need to be able to see your skin clearly, to assess for changes in color while under anesthesia. (too pale, too pink or red, etc)


i hope you will not worry about it, remember that they have done hundreds or maybe thousands of these and they know what they are doing, and will take good care of you. just relax and enjoy the ride, and be glad you don't have to be awake for it! *L*


some people bounce right back after having their wisdom teeth pulled, some take several days to recover, it all depends on how shallow or deep your wisdom teeth are.


good luck!Why no makeup during sedation for wisdom teeth removal??
This question was so helpful! I am having my two bottom wisdom teeth removed tomorrow under sedation. I planned to go in as my normal self ( done hair, full makeup, nice outfit) but after reading this I am going to go au naturale for once. Report Abuse

I also had 3 of my wisdom teeth extracted and all i got was shots in my mouth to num the pain and it didn't really hurt that bad so you should be fine good luck,but you won't be able to drink or smoking for a few days and you will bleed a bit and they'll give you vicodin or asprin it helps well good luck brush and floss PEACE!
Your makeup will just wind up all smeared anyway. They're going to be working around your face, touching it, etc.
MAKEUP CONTAINS BACTERIA
I think they need to see your natural skin color while working on you. Changes in pallor tell them if they need to alter anything they're doing. That is my guess. Good luck!
Any time anesthesia is used in any way it is best to not have makeup. It has nothing to do with bacteria. A lot of times if a person has a reaction to the anesthesia the first signs will come as a change in facial color .. you can literally ';start to turn blue';. It is easy to see how makeup can make quick identification of a problem harder.
It's great. The laughing gas will make it great. Trust me.


They don't want you to wear makeup so you can see that it's just a big waste anyway. Nobody is going to see you. And if they did, all they would see is a little girl crying inside to be pretty enough.
its not that bad a procedure, the gas will makeyou feel a bit icky to start, and in the days after you will have such a time trying to keep your tongue from poking into the tooth sockets (awful, I know, but you wont be able to resist!)





Make up can soil instruments and bibs, and the dentist keeps is eye on the colour of your complexion to make sure all is well and you do not pale or faint. I think, good luck :)
They need to see your skin. The face can show any problems if it changes color, or goes white,etc. Same with fingernails, when you get surgery, the doctors like to see the skin under your nails.
No make up is so the doctor can watch your color while to are out, Also for sanitary reasons...You will do fine with the sedation. It has been known as the forget-me-not drug. My granddaughter had it on Friday for foot surgery and she came out of it fine, just a little tired. Good Luck....
the doctor needs to be able to check your skin color while your under to make sure all is ok.


I had my wisdom teeth out all 4 in Nov. trust me it's no picnic but not so bad. They will put an oxygen mask over your nose and mouth, they will be talking to you while they put the IV in your arm and next thing you know your waking up in the recovery room and ready to go. You will be sore for a day or so. good things to eat: cottage cheese, yogurt, soup, jello, pudding, popsicles, anything soft and liquid for the first few days, you have to work up slowly. Good Luck
the sedation isnt bad... its the 4-5 days after. take some ibuprofen before you go, and when they tell you to ice your face... ICE YOUR FACE!!! i didn't feel too bad the first day, but when i woke up the second day my cheeks were so swollen i could hardly open my eyes. im not sure about the makeup but i believe the previous answer is right... you dont want bacteria getting in your mouth. oh and buy some slim fast... by day two with jello and icecream your gonna be wiped out (no vitamins) slim fast helps your energy level and it makes you feel full. good luck GET PAIN MEDS!!!
Because you're going to drool a lot! Also, the doc has to have his hands all around your face, and the last thing he wants is your foundation and lipstick smeared all over his hands.
  • camera
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    dogs